Thursday, January 6, 2011

Community Blogging

The blog I choose to evaluate was “The Headless Boyfriend.” When I first saw this blog I was curious how “The Headless Boyfriend” would relate to Romanticism. However, shortly after reading the blog by Lauren Fleskes, Geoffrey Braught, and Cody Schaffer, I realized they were referring to John Keats “Isabella, or The Pot of Basil.” In “Isabella, or The Pot of Basil,” Isabella’s lover Lorenzo, is killed by her brothers and buried in the forest. After she finds him, she chops off his head to take as a party favor. This would explain how the tittle “The Headless Boyfriend” fits. 
The part of the blog I enjoy is the layout, content, and pictures. The layout is very simple, which makes the blog easy to navigate. The white background, and black text provide a contrast making it easy to read without being distracting. The red tittles pop and make the blog catch my attention.  The content of the blog covers the information excellently. It covered a wide variety of the information regarding “Isabella, or The Pot of Basil.” Summaries, character analysis, and information on John Keats, all helped further my understanding on John Keats and his poetry.
I also really liked Lauren’s Poem “Growing Up.” As a teenager changing from a child to a adult I could easily relate to her poem. I especially liked the part where she was saying how hard it is to prioritize. There are so many activities and events to be a part of and its hard to put the work before the fun. Recently, we watched home videos and it made me think back to the memories I have made through my past 16 years of life.
The only thing I felt was missing was no one has posted the entire poem anywhere on the blog which would help further the understanding of the poem. Also the video was long and not identical to the poem, however the author addressed the changes. The video was weird and not really helpful for the understanding of Romanticism. On the other hand, it did provide entertainment and humor because it was awkward and had bad acting.
Overall I was impressed with the Blog “The Headless Boyfriend,” the content, layout and the further understanding of Romanticism that it gave me.

No comments:

Post a Comment