Thursday, January 6, 2011

A False Hope

The cold, wet, and windy weather turns my face as cold as ice. When I step outside, the hairs rise up on my arms. I dream of the warmth that is hours away; the beautiful bright sun.
The weather man gives a false hope that the rain will stop and there will be sun.
I wake in the morning and the weather has not changed. It is not raining; there is frost on the ground. As time goes by it slowly changes. I feel the excitement rise along with the weather. The nice warmth I feel on my face. And the happiness from the spring flowers blooming. The sound of the birds and nature fill the air. The year goes on with the excitement still rising; the temperature increasing along with each season.
At last, summer is here!
I travel to a sunnier place, where the blue waves of water crash along the shore. I feel the sand between my toes and the smell of salty air from the breeze. The sun is as bright as the smile on my face. With everything so perfect, it was too good to be true. The beauty is overwhelming, but I know what is to come.
This was very enjoyable; although, I miss the wintery season. I imagine myself snowboarding down a freshly covered mountain; making snow angels with my family, then having snowball fights with my friends. After, when I’m frozen and my cheeks and nose are red, I drink hot chocolate and snuggle up in bed. The weather man tells of a snowy day, but he gives false hope. When I wake in the morning the snow is nowhere near.

No comments:

Post a Comment